Abstract Details

files Add files

epr_2013_poster_schmitt_slides_21_thru_23.pdf2013-03-26 14:39:46John Schmitt
epr_2013_poster_schmitt_slides_16_thru_20.pdf2013-03-26 14:39:29John Schmitt
epr_2013_poster_schmitt_slides_11_thru_15.pdf2013-03-26 14:38:29John Schmitt
epr_2013_poster_schmitt_slides_6_thru_10.pdf2013-03-26 14:37:31John Schmitt
epr_2013_poster_schmitt_slides_1_thru_5.pdf2013-03-26 14:37:12John Schmitt

Overview of Diagnostics for the Lithium Tokamak Experiment (LTX)

Author: John C. Schmitt
Requested Type: Poster Only
Submitted: 2012-12-08 17:04:31

Co-authors: T.Abrams, P.Beiersdorfer, T.M.Biewer, D.P.Boyle, J.M.Canik, J.Clementson, E.M.Granstedt, T.K.Gray, R.Kaita, J.Hare, C.M.Jacobson, S.Kubota, T.Kozub, B.LeBlanc, M.Lucia, D.P.Lundberg, R.Maingi, R.Majeski, E.Merino, W.A.Peebles, E.Shi, D.P.Stotler, K.Tritz

Contact Info:
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
P.O. Box 451
Princeton, NJ   08543

Abstract Text:
The Lithium Tokamak Experiment (LTX) is a spherical tokamak designed to have a close-fitting low-recycling first wall conformal to the last closed flux surface. The wall is a set of four copper shells with stainless steel liners, onto which lithium is either evaporated or deposited directly (in liquid form). Approximately 90% of the surface area of the plasma column faces a lithium-coated wall. Two toroidal and two poloidal breaks in the shells account for the remaining 10% of the area, and this space is available for diagnostic access. Prior to and during the most recent vent of the vacuum vessel, many upgrades were performed on the diagnostic systems. New views for the CHERS system were added, improving the ability to measure the ion temperature and plasma flow profiles. Repairs to the existing magnetic diagnostics were completed and additional sensors were added to aid in equilibrium reconstructions. Other additions include: edge Thomson scattering channels, multiple Langmuir probes, and a multichannel microwave reflectometer (for density measurements). These, and the rest of the existing diagnostic tools (i.e. spectrometers, RGAs etc.) available on LTX are presented.

This work is supported by US DOE contracts DE-AC02-09CH11466 and DE-AC05-00OR22725.

Characterization: 3.0


University of Texas

Workshop on Exploratory Topics in Plasma and Fusion Research (EPR2013)
February 12-15, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas

EPR 2013